Hatchery help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone. My cory has laid more eggs today which I've out in the plastic hatchery I purchased. Now I've found the bottom of the small tank gets filled with alot of debris and the water looks a bit grimy on the top.
Does anyone have any tips on how to keep it clean? Short of taking the hatchery out I can't seem to find a way without damaging the eggs? Thanks :)

I'm not sure how to clear your problem but I do recommend net breeders better as they allow more water flow which should avoid the issues you are having now.

Thanks I thought I'd read that somewhere, but when I rushed out at the first spawning the plastic was the only one available. My corys are very active though this is the 4th day in the last week I've had eggs!!

You don't need to buy a breeder net. Just get the biggest fish net you have, put the eggs in there, and bend the handle of the net over so that it doesn't fall out of the tank. Instant net breeder. I've done it with cories myself. The plastic boxes have crappy water flow, which is exactly NOT what cory eggs need.

Yeah, I'll make a thread on it, I've been wanting one for a while but they've always been a novelty import item so I haven't forked out the cash for one. Now that Hagen is making them they are cheap, so it's worth a go, they look like they have a ton of potential.

jetajockey said:
Yeah, I'll make a thread on it, I've been wanting one for a while but they've always been a novelty import item so I haven't forked out the cash for one. Now that Hagen is making them they are cheap, so it's worth a go, they look like they have a ton of potential.

Yeah definatly let me know how it goes it sounds great but I'll wait to hear about functionality but if it's Hagen I have faith I like how you hook the pump on so it has constant flow of the same conditions

Back
Top Bottom