hatchet fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
one of my little sisters hatchet fish have been chasing and swimming with a smaller, so i assume they are mating up the two also have dark lines some help would be great.

-thanks

I'm missing the question.

Chasing could be mating rituals or it could be a territorial dispute. Mating does not always lead to breeding, keep an eye for buldges, if there is a sucessfull mating she will carry eggs for a bit before you need to worry about trying to raise the fry.

If she does get pregnant, how much time/money do you want to invest in trying to raise the fry? What other occupants are in the tank? What size is the tank? Are there a lot of decorations in the tank?

sorry the question was unclear it was are they mating and what are some signs. the water parameters are good there are 6 glofish six neon tetras a frog and 3 hatchets incuding the two possible mates I was planning on letting the fittest survive with a sponge on the filter.

Lots of plants will also help with the fittest surviving. They can hide in the leaves or in the roots of floating plants.

thank you i is my sisters tank and it isnt just in an area the one is just shadowing or mirroring the second

Back
Top Bottom