hatching bronze corydoras eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claudio1

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi everyone,my bronze cory started spawning last sunday and i tried to save some of the eggs,just to see if i could hatch them and here are the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
don't know how to add more pictures using the site,my app is not working..

Last edited:
I am actually raising my first spawn as well! Mine were born on November 14, I had around 70 hatch; and had a few die of but still lot!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448923600.731050.jpg

You can hatch them in any container. They need a lid because they have a labyrinth organ so the humidity must be high for that to form properly. I feed mine bbs, daphnia and microworms. If you get a tank you need sand in the bottom. Something about the biofilm on a bare tank being toxic. I just keep them in a few inches of water until they are over a month old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can hatch them in any container. They need a lid because they have a labyrinth organ so the humidity must be high for that to form properly. I feed mine bbs, daphnia and microworms. If you get a tank you need sand in the bottom. Something about the biofilm on a bare tank being toxic. I just keep them in a few inches of water until they are over a month old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What? Sand? That's interesting I thought bare bottom was the way to go.... I have them in a 10gal, filled to the top....

Where did you read that about the sand? I would be very interested in that!

Look at my breeding thread and I'd you can read the cory posts there is a lot of info from various people, me included on breeding and raising fry and lots of pics. Several people told me sand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Did you do anything to trigger the spawing, or did they do it on their own. I have six peppered Cory cats that look like they are about to spawn but I never see any eggs.

Did you do anything to trigger the spawing, or did they do it on their own. I have six peppered Cory cats that look like they are about to spawn but I never see any eggs.

i didn't trigger it,i first though that the female was acting strange and then i saw the underbelly where the eggs are and realize that they were spawning..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A large water change with the new water being colder(not too cold!) triggers mine.

Another method is to over the course of the day raise the temp to 80F then set it to 68F in the evening(around 8), and the water will cool and they'll spawn the next morning.....

Back
Top Bottom