Heating and filtering for breeder tanks..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just purchased it for my 10G planted tank. Kind of an all-in-one unit. Less clutter. As for the breeder tank, I ordered a large sponge filter for my air pump, and will keep the regular 50W heater in the tank. I also got a bubbler for the tank as well, to help with circulation. So I'm all set.

And yes, Hydor products are very good. I have the inline heaters on my XP2 and XP3 and love them. Very little temp fluctuations and stable.

Doesn't look like fragile glass to me. And I like the idea of having less equipment in the tank, and temp can be accessed without getting wet.

I wonder if someone offers adaptors from 5/8 to 1/2". I just put an Eheim 2213 on a tank that had a glass heater fail, so this is someting I'd like to persue.

Thanks for the info.

CH

I have the Hydor filter, but without the heating element-haven't set it up yet. Next "aquarium money" goes to the inline heater.

Creamhorses said:
Doesn't look like fragile glass to me. And I like the idea of having less equipment in the tank, and temp can be accessed without getting wet.

I wonder if someone offers adaptors from 5/8 to 1/2". I just put an Eheim 2213 on a tank that had a glass heater fail, so this is someting I'd like to persue.

Thanks for the info.

CH

What size tank? would the Hydor ETH 200 work, or is it a big tank? I have both the Hydor ETH 201 and 300, which are both 5/8. The 200 model is 1/2 inch. I've seen those adapters, just can't remember where though. If I find them, will let you know.

Then you will probably want the ETH 300. I can't remember where I saw it, but there were adapters, but it's not a true 1/2 inch, as Eheims are German made. And the adapter they had was very expensive, and you had to buy one for each side. Does anyone know if a hose clamp would work to put a 5/8 inch hose on a 1/2 inch fitting on the filter without leaks?

The site I saw said they were German, lol. But maybe not. It said it needed a special adapter, the regular 5/8-1/2 wouldn't work. And for the adapters they had for it, they were like 18.00US each.

I got the filter in today. It's pretty cool, but pretty big, lol. Bigger than I expected. Would be a nice filter for a taller tank, lol. I currently have it horizontal, along the back of the tank on top. Pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom