Heavily pregnant guppy dropping sacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaredClownLoach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I brought a guppy from the shop today and i picked a pregnant one. Now shes dropping empty sacks and i think she is mis carried from stress. Another female in the tank was bitting her tail so i moved her to the 55gal.

My question is am i going to see some fry? Shes so fat im think surely some live ones would have to come out?

Shes still big at the moment. Is she going to stop dropping the sacks when she calms down? Or are the all coming out and nothing can stop it?

If she is dropping alot then you may never see fry :/ im not positive though. I have never had this happen to me

If she is dropping alot then you may never see fry :/ im not positive though. I have never had this happen to me

Me neither. I have never seen a female fish drop "sacs". All of my female guppies had successfully had live babies. Another reason u might not see fry is because the fry r super tiny and hide in the most concealed spots. Also, guppies will eat their own babies so I suggest putting her in a breeding box.

Back
Top Bottom