Help! Angelfish eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bfred13

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have 2 angels, couldn't figure out why they were being so territorial and aggressively guarding the left side of the tank. Low and behold I spot these tonight. I know NOTHING about this. How long until they turn into fish and what do I do to ensure they all don't get eaten? Help!! I literally know nothing about breeding lol. IMG_3170.jpg

ETA: there is also a large pleco in this tank- will he eat them or will the angels keep them away? IMG_3117.jpg

The angels will try to fight off the plecto. The plecto always wins. Plectos are the reason why I never get baby parrot fish. Parrot fish are a lot more aggressive than angels.

The only way the eggs and babies will survive is by removing all the other fish and leaving the angels alone.

Its difficult for angels to fend off every fish. If they get frustrated they have a habit of eating there own eggs.

There's no way I have the time or the room to set up another tank and get it to where I can move the others into it. I didn't get the angels for breeding I just picked the 2 healthiest looking and a few months later here we are lol.

Although I will say the pleco stays low when the light is on- shouldni leave the light on until they spawn or will that just mess up the fish?

They need a diurnal cycle. If they are dedicated they will sleep in shifts so one or the other is guarding

Can they actually grow in a community tank? I have..
1 gold gourami
1 blue gourami
2 silver dollars
1 German ram
2 angels and the pleco.

The angels depending on how big they are can handle everything but the pleco. Most angel breeders pull eggs because parenting skills aren't good. Let them try, if you keep them happy they will spawn and spawn

Chances are pretty slim that the eggs will survive especially with the pleco. You could try putting in a divider to isolate the angels. Sometimes they will raise them if left to themselves.

Spawning is day 0. On day three they will hatch and become wigglers. The parents will be very busy catching stragglers and putting them back on the spawning surface. On day 8, or maybe 9, they will start to free swim. That is when you start to feed them newly hatched brine shrimp.

More than likely the pleco will get the eggs or the parents will eat them to protect them from the other fish.

Yes, about half of them were white this morning and quite a few others were eaten. There's maybe 20-30 left that were amber.

Back
Top Bottom