!!!!!HELP!!!! black skirt tetra !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EndlersEatGuppies

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey people i have two black skirts/widows and one was really fat for like 2 days. was it full of eggs or just constipated. also does anyone know how to tell the difference between a male and female black skirt/widow.:cool::);)

Can you get a pic?

Why are there only two?

There should be at least six, but a pic would definitely help. Feed it some blanched chopped up peas just in case.

No pic but my tank is at it's full capacity. I am hoping to get a larger tank. What do u think it could be.

I tend to agree. What and how often do you feed?

Hmm. That kind of rules out the food, but I'd still try the peas if it happens again. But I'd start supplementing once a week or so either way.

Homedog98 said:
Hmm. That kind of rules out the food, but I'd still try the peas if it happens again. But I'd start supplementing once a week or so either way.

What do u mean by that

Start feeding your fish chopped blanched peas once a week, cause it keeps them from bloating, and getting constipated. just keep feeding your regular food, and if anybody gets chubby again, switch and just feed peas until the bloating stops.

Overfed IMO. They will always seem hungry, but are fine with once a day skipping a day or two a week. Or cut back the amount.

Edit: Peas are good to mix in. Variety matters.

HN1 said:
Overfed IMO. They will always seem hungry, but are fine with once a day skipping a day or two a week. Or cut back the amount.

Edit: Peas are good to mix in. Variety matters.

Alright thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom