help breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mundle

Aquarium Advice Activist
i want to breed freshwater angelfish but im scared they might be to big
for my tank?
plus i hear its hard to get a breeding pair?
can i do it?
if not anyone else know any fish i can breed
ps not guppies or mollies or swordtails
something cool

i have a 60 litre tank
filter
heater
light
plants
and one zebra danio ( that i can move )

well you can get a few and see if they will pair off eventually. but if your going to get into breeding i would suggest getting more tanks and supplies. cause u will need it. read the thread wigglers at last and youll get a lot of good info. on angels

i want to breed freshwater angelfish but im scared they might be to big
for my tank?
plus i hear its hard to get a breeding pair?
can i do it?
if not anyone else know any fish i can breed
ps not guppies or mollies or swordtails
something cool

i have a 60 litre tank
filter
heater
light
plants
and one zebra danio ( that i can move )

60 litre is way to small for even 1 angel. Sorry! 15 there's few fish. Maybe killifish, Shellies, of apistogramma.

i would do apistogramma or kribensis. i currently have a breeding pair of kribensis that had babies about a week ago.

they are easy to breed. although i have never had a personal experience breeding apistos ive heard that they are very easy. i think they are like kribensis with breeding. how i got my pair of kribensis is i put 2 males and 3 females in a 30 gallon and after about 6 months they bred. i believe they would have bred earlier but i remodeled the tank and i think i interupted their breeding behaviors. i didnt do anything special for them just put them together in a tank. kribensis are very good parents but after they breed i would not keep any other kribensis with them in the tank. they tolerate other fish as long as they dont get too close to the babies.

Can I just put one male and female in.
How can you tell the difference btw male and female
Plus as much info about them as possiable

I'd actually go with the flame apistogramma (can't remember name. Looks like its fins are flames). They're very common, hardy, and cool. The females are yellow and the males have the flames.

Thanks can u send pics

They're called apistogramma agazzi. Just look then up. I'm planning on breeding them in the near future

Male

And female

Attachments

• image-403798839.jpg
    image-403798839.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 41
  • image-3743735826.jpg
    image-3743735826.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 44
do you want to know about the kribensis still or are you going with the agassazi?

you can put just one male and one female in the tank together. it is better to have a male and 2 or more females. sometimes fish just dont match up but you should still get a pair. to increase your chances of getting a pair i would get a regular colored male and an albino female. the male chooses who he wants to mate with. i had 3 females in the tank with no males and when i finally put 2 males in the females went crazy over them. the females dont care about which male they get as long as he is healthy and large enough. the male is the one who chooses. the male will choose the female with the brightest red belly. the red belly stands out more on albino females so males are more attracted to them.
you can tell the difference between males and female fairly easily. the females have a more vibrant red belly and their bellies are much more round. the males are more torpedo shaped and are larger. the males also develop pointed dorsal fins.
kribensis will eat pretty much anything. i have fed them brine shrimp(live and frozen), blood worms, pellets and algae wafers. they will eat the zucchini i put in for my angels, plecos and SAEs.
they are not expensive and have great personalities. kribensis are great parents. they will protect their fry very well. the mother will take them on excursions for the day while the father swims higher up to make sure no other fish get too close.

for some reason it wont allow me to upload pictures. i will try again tomorrow but you can always look them up on google. the pictures will probably be better than mine since i take mine with my phone. i was gonna try to show you my pair's fry but it didnt focus well.
any more questions?

Try gourami!! They are very interesting to breed :) I'm actually working on it right now

i think you can, i have never tried it. i guess it would depend on whether or not they are in a tank by themselves. kribs usually stay closer to the bottom of the tank. i would suggest feeding them pellets and when you want to breed them i would feed them frozen foods.

Back
Top Bottom