Help help help sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bisqueshoppe

Aquarium Advice Regular
Fish chelsea white balloon molly female
Never had fry
Happy fat funny sweet

I look at all of my fish approximately up to 5hrs a day for real no joke. Tonight I have noticed something on her mid belly back towards tail. It sorta looks like a fuzzy pimple maybe 1cm or 1.5cm creamy color not much just barely. And around infected area it is discolored like a transparent white. She doesn't seem to be slowed down by it definitely still eating and playing with her best friend. Very concerned. I also just treated ick the past few days. Can't get pick because it won't show in pic and she won't slow down long enough.

Do you have salt in the tank?

Balloon mollies are definitely more fragile than non-balloons and all mollies like brackish/harder water. Is she pregnant?

Do you mean 1mm? 1cm is quite large on a molly.

Our ph is usually between 7.4-7.7
We do add salt with water changes
And yes I did mean mm typo ?

Also Our male won't go near her.

Males choose favorites. They'll usually sometimes go to the other females in the tank but are always near their girl until she brushes them off. It could be a bacterial infection, which the salt might help with. You could quarantine her. It could also be a wound, which will heal on its own. It's hard to tell without pictures. If she's acting normal, I'd hold off, though.

Update. Chelsea had some fungus I guess so we medicated the whole tank. It finally fell off today but still has a small spot. She will be 100% soon.

Back
Top Bottom