help i don't know what to do respond asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettamax

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a Danio fry i found in my tank yesterday :) and how do i raise it :confused: me confused on what to do :confused: i have him in a plastic container :blink: but what to feed it :confused: answer before he starves. :eek: please. :thanks: for any help. :cool:

i believe you can feed it baby brine shrimp, does the container have wholes in it to let the water from the main tank flow through, Im assuming it is floating i the parents tank...

no it is in my room i have powder food but some fish fry are picky and he is now free swimming witch i assume that means he ate his yolk sack i keep the lid off so he can breath i have a breeder box but to small for that i tried that last time he swam threw the side

i found another i the tank and caught it and put it with sibling but how to raise them what to feed them besides bbs, microworms, or stuff like that do powder food work or no

it needs the same temp water as the adults or it will not live. without whole you will need to do frequent water changes, you can use a turkey baster as long as you dont suck up fry. the powder food might work but the bbs moves so it will catch their attention. Ive had baby killifish grow on just the bacteria in the main tank before. a baby net would work well and it may grow alge wich it may pick at to eat too.but i cant +say on powdered food ive never tried.here i found this on a website ill look for more tips....The temperature should be about 80° F with a lower temperature extending the hatching time and a higher temperature decreasing it. After hatching, the fry will absorb the yolk sac in two or three days. The fry will not be large enough to eat baby brine shrimp for several days so they must be fed infusoria or cooked egg yolk squeezed through a cloth.

here's some info on breeding them but a breeder net would be good i read some where else.
1) The fry will eat infusoria and powdered flakes (or get the powdered "egg-layer fry food").
2) Danios are egg-scatterers. To breed them, have a coarse gravel bottom (or fill the bottom with playing marbles, about 2 thick!) so the eggs fall where the adults can't get at them. Remove the adults as soon as you think they spawned.
3) The babies can go in the adults' tank when they are too big to fit in their mouth.
icon_biggrin.gif

Danios are really easy to breed. Good luck!

how long does it take for the fry to be to big for adults to eat them about i have a bunch of fish and i keep finding fry left and right but not just danios it just ive never raise danios so not sure and with most fry i did powder food but this baby is to small to tell if he is eating or not do u have fish fry how u raise them and what type of fish r they send pics. if u have

what other fish do you have in the tank? I put all of my fry in my main tank at about 3/4 of an inch.usually if they are still alive ater 5 days of hatching its eating. how fast it will grow depends on how many times you feed it. When it is able to eat after the yolk sack is absorbed i tend to feed 2-4 times a day. the only fry i have right now just hatched yesterday, they are kribensis fry so they are hidden in the wiggler stage right now. they are a dwarf cichlid but can go in a comunity setup with danios. just watch the danios for they tend to nip fins. The parents raise the fry. I feed them bbs and do frequent water changes but i must becarful not to disturb them to much or the batch is lost. You can also raise them artifitually like angelfish.i added pics of the male and female of my pair. the feamle has the pink belly.(these are old pics) I wasnt quite sure in the last post if you asked about my fish or not so... but if you have any more questions let me know.

Attachments

• rocket and kribs 026.jpg
    rocket and kribs 026.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 97
  • fish 007.JPG
    fish 007.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 100
the parents in my tank was eating them all so i saved this one before they got to him i have pleco, neon tetra, lampeye tetra, some other tetra, guppy, glofish(danio), platy, molly

the parents in my tank was eating them all so i saved this one before they got to him i have pleco, neon tetra, lampeye tetra, some other tetra, guppy, glofish(danio), platy, molly
the ones in red are probally your best bet on who the fry came from. they'll be fine on the fry food. it could be the tetras but im not so sure about them. Any fry will be eaten very quickly though.

Im sure they were laying eggs and it is possible you have their fry but males were made steril.you could have gotten lucky lol... I think your not allowed to sell them for some reason either but the danios i can assure you will be laying eggs and you may find fry.

wait hold on......maybe they arent steril (the males) i need to research some more lol

i herd that danio fry stick yo the wall for first few days witch is what it was doing so i assumed danio fry

my words are in red
Has anyone had any GloFish accidentally reproduce? I heard from my LFS owner/operator that the company makes them sterile before it ships them out, but was reading on the Carolina school supply website that teachers could buy them and in refernce to the GloFish website, teachers (for educational purposed) could breed them. Also I found a website (based from the University of Florida) that said:

"The company licensed to sell the fish in the United States has funded UF research to determine whether the GloFish® can be made sterile, so far without success." Explore Magazine: Research at the University of Florida

Also on the GloFish website, one of the labs they had up (for use in an educational institution) was about cross breeding the GloFish with a wild type Zebra Danio since the flouresent gene is dominate over the wild color type. Was wondering if anyone ever had this happen.

Also on page five (the very last paragraph) of The Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society, Inc's "Finformation" newsletter published in April 2004, they say that clames that GloFish are sterile are false.

Everywhere it says that breeding is prohibited, not that it is not possible. What if my fish just decide to "get it on"? Am I going to be in trouble? Why does noone mention this when you buy them? Do fish stores think that noone buys fish to breed them, or that we only buy one fish at a time so that they won't ever have babies? I did not buy my GloFish with the hopes of breeding them, nor did I add wild type Zebra Danios with the hopes that they would crossbreed with my GloFish. I do however provide suitable conditions for them to do so, since I am trying (some attemps more successfull than others) to get other fish in my community tank (tetras and mollies) to breed.

I currently have three wild type Zebra Danios and three GloFish, one of each color (the "red" one appears to be female while the others appear to be male, but either all of my wild type are males or they are too young to be carrying unfertilized eggs). I was wondering if I was safe, if the different colors could even interbreed, the lab (on the GloFish site) did not make any mention of cross-breeding colors, only breeding colored with "normal". I was just curious as to what my chances of "copyright infringement" or "patent stealing" or whatnot actually are.

Any insight would be appreciated. i got this off of another fourm they said you can breed them and the steril thing is false so yeah you probally have danio fry

Read more: GloFish accidentally reproducing????

i now have it in a fish bowl so it can have more room and my danios lay eggs every day no kiddin every morning from around 6:00am to 8:30am and so they will probably over fill my tank am i right?

yes, they even bred the first day i bought them.... their nuts. eventually if you save all the fry you will become over run... does the bowl stay the same temp? it needs to be a stable temp from 72-82 degees from the absolute lowest to the highest.

keep an eye on him all fry can die without proper water conditions because they arent as hardy as adults and their ammune systems can be over taken by bacteria that wouldnt have been in the main tank because of temp. killifish can live in a bowl like a betta though....

Back
Top Bottom