HELP!!! My Rosy Barbs are breeding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlonelyCody

Aquarium Advice Freak
the are breeding in my 55g tank. i don't want to move them because they might stop what should i do...when i see the eggs should i take them out carefully?? i want some of them to survive! what sould i do????

Thanks

AlonelyCody...

Your chances of being able to successfully remove any eggs that your fish lay are pretty slim. The fish that you have in your 55 will probably scoop them up almost as fast as the barbs can lay them. Since you obviously have a breeding pair...what I would suggest is that you go out and buy another tank...10 gallon would suffice :) . Set the tank up with a nice gravel bottom and some plants (real or artificial). Get your barbs back into breeding condition by feeding them frozen foods...and then when the female gets 'as big as a house' with eggs...move the pair into your new breeding tank. Remove the parents after the eggs are laid and be prepared for a BUNCH of fry!

LOL....ok ....thanks for the info...that is kind of what i thought .....i didn't think that i would be save any ov them ): but it would have been cool (O:

Back
Top Bottom