Help! Pregnant ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a "berried" ghost shrimp, and I don't know how to take care of the shrimplets. Do they need special food? Do they need saltwater? Can anyone help shed some information on a newbie?

I have a huge colony of ghost shrimp I don't feed nothing special the little onces as they become shrimpets graze on food like parents I feed mine alage wafers and shrimp pellets and flake foods and other pellets that sink they also get a treat here and their of cucumber and lettuce leafs that were microwaved for 10 seconds. But before their swimming around and called shrimpets I forgot technically name they flow with water current and eat tiny particals of food. So make sure your filter tubes are covered with a mess to block them and older shrimp from getting sucked up something like I have doneImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410073470.652603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What if I put the pregnant mother in a 1 gallon with a air bubbler? I have java moss in there

That's totally fine to just gotta watch when you change water. Plus during the long cold winters they need a heater. So for now would be ok my opinion

No prob glad to help

I have a huge colony of ghost shrimp I don't feed nothing special the little onces as they become shrimpets graze on food like parents I feed mine alage wafers and shrimp pellets and flake foods and other pellets that sink they also get a treat here and their of cucumber and lettuce leafs that were microwaved for 10 seconds. But before their swimming around and called shrimpets I forgot technically name they flow with water current and eat tiny particals of food. So make sure your filter tubes are covered with a mess to block them and older shrimp from getting sucked up something like I have doneView attachment 249291

Your shrimp are cherries not ghosts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom