Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Help seting up a hatching tank...

One of my GBR pair have layed eggs, (this just three days after buying them), but quickley the eggs were eaten. When I'm ready and they spawn again, I would like to remove the eggs and try to do a parentless hatch. I need some help figuring out the best setup. I will probably go buy a 10g kit so i get a light, heater, hood, so on, no substrate. I already use a sponge filter in my main tank with the HOB filter, so I will remove that to use in the hatching/grow out tank. And i should keep an airstone near the eggs. But what should I add to the water to help reduce egg loss to fungus? I know I've read about a product called something blue, but can't find it again. Of don't I need extra chemicals in there with the sponge filter? Also would adding some anacharis and or java moss be a good idea? Thanks for any help.

Tags
chi, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com