Help sexing and breeding yellow labs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambinojake

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have honestly done research before starting this thread, just to make that clear, but i haven't found too much information on how to sex and breed labs. Some sources say the female is pale and the male has pointed fins, then other sources say the females can be the same color and also have pointed fins... I know the only 100% way is to vent, but i have no clue how to do that, all i know is i would have to take my labs out of the tank which i don't want to if if i don't have to. Then, assuming i have some males and females, i have no clue if there are any specific things i need to do... All i know is i have 1 dominant male and it is the 2nd smallest fish in the tank...
Please help me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It's hard to reliably tell at a glance. I just tell people you know she's a female if she has a mouthful of young.

You didn't google much if you never came across venting...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I said i didnt want to do venting if i didnt have to, is there anything else?
I will try to vent, if i can catch the fish first lol.

I tried to vent, and i came up with some odd results... Either i did this right and i have 8 females and no males, or i did it wrong and have 8 males and no females... Otherwise i am positive they would have bred by now.

Back
Top Bottom