Help Sexing Harlequin Rasboras PLZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have read all about the traits...and I have stared at them for days now. I can't see any differences between them O.O

Can anyone with a better eye, or more knowledge tell em if it looks like I have any females in my little school.

Sorry about the picture quality. My camera isn't the best and those guys are super fast.

Attachments

• P8170119.jpg
    P8170119.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 350
  • P8170137.jpg
    P8170137.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 212
  • P8170140.jpg
    P8170140.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 802
Haha wow they do look similar! The only female I can see is in the top right picture, and it's the one at the very bottom of the school. (Right above your von rio)
I may be wrong, but that's the only fish that looks closest to a female to me.

there also may be a female in the bottom picture, but your right, they all do look similar to me.

ok...at least I am not crazy then. What bad luck if I only got one female. :(. Poor thing.

As soon as I can get my other tanks aquascaped, I might consider moving the von Rios and getting three more. Maybe I will get lucky and get a few more females.

Yeah, that's a good idea. When you pick them, try to get a female, lol!

shes a playaaaaaaaaa

haha! More like she is in Alaska or something. I hear the male to female ratio is 7:1 up there. My friend, who lives in Aspen, Colorado says it's the same there. He recently got dumped by his girlfriend...and I tried to express sympathy...he explained that "you don't loose your girlfriend, you loose your turn."

Ladies choice. Woot woot!

sooo.. uhhh... maybe I'm dumb, but what in the world are you seeing as the difference between them that says female???

sooo.. uhhh... maybe I'm dumb, but what in the world are you seeing as the difference between them that says female???

Haha don't hold me to it, it's just that of I were to pick a female, those were the ones that look most like them. In this picture, (at the end of my answer) you can really tell the difference with the black triangle. You'll see what I mean when you see it. The male is on the top. Males have a more defined triangle that is slightly extended. Females seem to be more faded around the edges.
Males are usually more slender and have a brighter complexion, but that's just a general rule and pretty hard to tell.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile25.html

I don't see that difference with your fish, but what are the chances that you get all male, haha!

As far as enviroment is concerned they like the large leaves where they can lay their eggs. Could be wrong but that's what mine did.

Back
Top Bottom