Help stock fish room expansion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
First off don't know exactly were to put this so mods move as necessary.

Ok I need YOUR help in stocking my expansion to the fish room ill list tanks sizes that I have. The fish need to have been bred at least once before in a aquarium, (no fish that have never bred in aquariums) be realistically easy to breed I'm not talking like guppy easy but preferably not like kuhil loach difficulty but ill try anything really. And you'll feel great in knowing the you helped a fellow AA member out. ;)

Tank sizes:
10 gallon: 18 of them
20 long: 12 of them
20 high: 6 of them
55: 5-10
5 gallon fry tanks:16

I already have albino Corey cats, kribs, jewel cichlids, RCS, and several others but ill breed different species of Cory's, etc.

One more thing. When you tell me what you think I should breed list the breeding tank size that you think I should use. Don't worry about losing other tanks that are needed.

id be happy with anything i could get past the egg stage. discuss would be sweet to breed although they may be difficult. i think could do them in 20s but since you got 55s and they raise there young you might go that route.

id be happy with anything i could get past the egg stage. discuss would be sweet to breed although they may be difficult. i think could do them in 20s but since you got 55s and they raise there young you might go that route.

Ya I thought about discus ill probably get some at the big auction.

After every couple of ideas ill update the tank list

Princess cichlids ( brichardi ) in a 20 or the 55 , depending how big you want there colony to get ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neolamprologus multifasciatus. Could be done in a 10 but a 20 long would be ideal. I see many ask where to get them because they can't find them. They breed like rabbits but grow slow.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

got some ideas so let me hear some more!

still need to stock several 55s, a bunch of 10s, a bunch of 20 longs, and a couple 20 highs

Peacock gudgeons in a 20 long. They need little caves and tubes for breeding but they lay fairly easily at 80 to 82 degrees. Planted of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Id do some shell dwellers of some kind, not necessarily multis but maybe some sumbu shell dwellers. Also some rarer forms of Bristle nose plecos might be cool. Green dragons or super reds would be ideal. I would buy some off you at a price for sure! (y)

Peacock gudgeons in a 20 long. They need little caves and tubes for breeding but they lay fairly easily at 80 to 82 degrees. Planted of course.

Omg I just said fish laid eggs! I meant spawn and the male fans the eggs at those temps. Geez!

You should def breed dwarf corys, habrosus! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

those guys are actually really cool! will a 10 gallon work? the only get 1.4 inches long… if not I'll throw them in a 20 long.

and I'm upping my shrimps; I'll breed blue velvets, yellow neo, RCS, CRS, and orange pumpkin ;)

those guys are actually really cool! will a 10 gallon work? the only get 1.4 inches long… if not I'll throw them in a 20 long.

and I'm upping my shrimps; I'll breed blue velvets, yellow neo, RCS, CRS, and orange pumpkin ;)

Oh yah, i think a 20L would be great if you ended up with 100 of them though.. sweet! Are those harder to keep than rcs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ya I'll figure out what to do with all the fry… most of the shrimp are about the same the CRS prefer a little bit harder water I think.

right now I have around 30 jewel cichlids, several corys, some kribs, and too many RCS to count

here is what I'm breeding! I still have some tanks left for more ideas!
KEY:
F means fry
g means grow out
b means breeder
and colony means all of the above

10 gallon tanks.
1. RCS
2. CRS
3. blue velvets
4. yellow neo
5. orange pumpkin
6. jewel "g"
7. krib "g"
8. cory "g"
9. apiso M "g"
10. apisto C "g"
11. peackock gudgeon "g"
12. cory hasbrosus "g"
13. Aphanius vladykovi 'Boldaji'

20 longs:
1.multi colony
2. cory anues "B"
3. apisto C "B"
4. apsito M "B"
5. super red pleco colony (should I use a grow out tank?)
6. Mbuna "g"
7. peacock gudgeon "B"
8. princess cichlid "B"

20 high:
1. discus "B"
2. angel "B"
3. angel "G"
4. angel "G"

1 discus "g"
2. Mbuna "B"

5 gallon tanks.
1. Jewel "F"
2. krib "F:
3. cory .a "f"
4 apisto M "f"
5. apsito C "f"
6. mbuna "fry"
7. angel "F"

ok hit me up with some ideas!
yes brookster the apisto "C" is apistogramma cacatuoides

here is what I'm breeding! I still have some tanks left for more ideas!
KEY:
F means fry
g means grow out
b means breeder
and colony means all of the above

10 gallon tanks.
1. RCS
2. CRS
3. blue velvets
4. yellow neo
5. orange pumpkin
6. jewel "g"
7. krib "g"
8. cory "g"
9. apiso M "g"
10. apisto C "g"
11. peackock gudgeon "g"
12. cory hasbrosus "g"
13. Aphanius vladykovi 'Boldaji'

20 longs:
1.multi colony
2. cory anues "B"
3. apisto C "B"
4. apsito M "B"
5. super red pleco colony (should I use a grow out tank?)
6. Mbuna "g"
7. peacock gudgeon "B"
8. princess cichlid "B"

20 high:
1. discus "B"
2. angel "B"
3. angel "G"
4. angel "G"

1 discus "g"
2. Mbuna "B"

5 gallon tanks.
1. Jewel "F"
2. krib "F:
3. cory .a "f"
4 apisto M "f"
5. apsito C "f"
6. mbuna "fry"
7. angel "F"

ok hit me up with some ideas!
yes brookster the apisto "C" is apistogramma cacatuoides

added a killi. but still need help!

When doing the multi tank use PVC elbows instead of shells. Cap one end this way when you want to remove them for sale you just pull the cap off and can dump them out. If you use shells they will swim as far into the shell as they can and if you lift the shell it will get an air pocket and they can get stuck.

When doing the multi tank use PVC elbows instead of shells. Cap one end this way when you want to remove them for sale you just pull the cap off and can dump them out. If you use shells they will swim as far into the shell as they can and if you lift the shell it will get an air pocket and they can get stuck.

yes I heard about this in one of the meetings one time

Back
Top Bottom