Help with breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannaby

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi .. Could do with some advice.. If I put my guppy into the breeding tank to early will it stress her out and make her abort her fry.. Worried about doing it to early but also worried it will be too late and I will lose the fry to snack feast of the other fish

If you have a spare tank, around 5 gallons, load it with fake plants, real plants, and or a mop head. Breeding tanks are too small and they do stress out the mother.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If your main tank is large enough, just buy a lot of floating plants. I recommend guppy grass

Going off the subject.. What plants can I have that don't require a lot of co2 as my lighting system isn't the best with only 1 tube

Anubias, java fern and java moss

You're welcome, the key is patience. Guppies will breed in most conditions.

These are my three females and they do look like they are all preg to me.. Well I think so lol.. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393117796.353025.jpg what do you think ?

I'd keep an eye on them - see if they start hanging by themselves, and showing other signs. That was my indication to move mine when they were ready. Guppies can hold their babies of the conditions aren't right too.

My one has gone on her own at the corner of the tank near the bottom and is wanting to stay there on her own.. Feel like this is a sign

Do you have a tank set up? Or just the breeder net, sometimes breeder nets can stress them out, I have found it easier to allow them to deliver in another tank and then remove the mother

Looks like you have another week or two before they give birth. When it's around birthing time, they get so fat you didn't think they can swim.

Back
Top Bottom