Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

help with surprise fry

Ok I have 3 sunburst fish and noticed in my tank I have 4 baby fish in my tank I have 4 angel fish as well and noticed a angel fish chasing my baby sunburst that's how I found out I even had baby ones didn't know one of the fish laid eggs or ne thing just seen a angel fish chasing it around...I have no clue wat to do I moved all the babys in a seperate tank b.c I don't want them to get eaten do they need a filtering system or wat?

Old 11-24-2011, 03:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
Yeah get a sponge filter or a breeders net/box and u could keep them safely in the main tank

Old 11-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalewis
Ok I have 3 sunburst fish and noticed in my tank I have 4 baby fish in my tank I have 4 angel fish as well and noticed a angel fish chasing my baby sunburst that's how I found out I even had baby ones didn't know one of the fish laid eggs or ne thing just seen a angel fish chasing it around...I have no clue wat to do I moved all the babys in a seperate tank b.c I don't want them to get eaten do they need a filtering system or wat?
I would get a breeder net
Old 11-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
+1 that will be alot easier
Old 11-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalewis
Hi and welcome! Are you talking about sunburst platys? Platys are live bearers which means they have live fry (babies) not lay eggs. With fry you need to keep them in very clean fresh water and feed them regularly. Very finely crushed flake food 3-5 times a day will be enough for them. As the others said, buy a breeder box/fry saver to keep them in in the main tank. What other stock do you have in the tank and what size is it?
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

and are they alive still cuz angels are carnivorous and might eat them
Old 11-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamavelar
and are they alive still cuz angels are carnivorous and might eat them
That's is the unfortunate thing. The angels and the platys will eat the fry if they can catch them. If you provide them with lots of cover (plants fake or live) a few might make it in the main tank.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

but what i would doif i was u ill catch them with a net and if u have 2 nets catch as many as u cant/want and leave them in the net over the tank si they still get water untill u get the breeders net/box

Tags
fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com