Homemade liquid fry food recepies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileyface9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone know of any good homemade liquid fry food recipies? And has anyone use them and had success? My blood parrot is laying eggs and even though males are usually sterile I want to make sure I'm prepared in case the eggs get fertilized.

I suggest going with microworms or baby brine shrimp. Live foods work best for fry. Otherwise you could just powder some flake or pellets for them. For really really small fry you could go with greenwater or infusoria, but I think that these particular fry are big enough to eat microworms or bbs right off.

jetajockey said:
I suggest going with microworms or baby brine shrimp. Live foods work best for fry. Otherwise you could just powder some flake or pellets for them. For really really small fry you could go with greenwater or infusoria, but I think that these particular fry are big enough to eat microworms or bbs right off.

Awesome! So they come out big enough to see?

Yes they should. I don't have any experience with BP's in particular but other similar sized cichlids fry are large enough when they get to the freeswimming stage to eat microworms at least.

Spot feeding with powdered flake or pellet will work in a pinch also, just not my favorite.

:'( a fish ate the eggs before I could buy a fishtank divider. i'm going to get a tank divider soon so i'm prepared next time.

Back
Top Bottom