Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

How can I tell if my fish is pregnant?

Have two glofish and three mollies in a 15 gallon tank...one of the mollies, a female, and one of the glofish are looking sort of bigger. How can I tell if they are pregnant?

Old 01-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 1 Year +
Community Moderator

Glofish don't get pregnant. Mollies do though. The molly will gradually get larger and you can see a gravid spot (google it) usually, though if it's dark colored, it's really hard to see IME

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

thats not true.. glofish can infact get pregnant.. although the eggs they lay will most likly not survive due to them eating them or you do not have a large enough tank for them to hatch.. but they do get pregnant just like the danios they are.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 1 Year +
Community Moderator

danios do NOT get pregnant... period. Zebra or otherwise. Also, this thread is almost 5 months old...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fish full of eggs are called Gravid.
But Pregnant means full of developing offspring.

So Glofish and other Danios may become Gravid, which is like pregnant, but they are full of eggs and lay eggs instead of live birth like Guppies.
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com