how can i tell if my guppy is pregnant? when will she have her fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a female guppy and she looks a little fatter. But I don't know if she is pregnant, or bloated, or what. She has been with a male for a while. So she could easily be pregnant. Also, how long after becoming pregnant will she have her fry?

If she's been with a male for a while more than likely she's pregnant. If you look at her gravid spot it should be getting bigger. Guppies give birth 21-30 days after getting pregnant.

I am uploading a video of her to youtube so I can post a link. I couldn't get any good pics. She is the one with the plain yellow tail. I tried to get some footage of her gravid spot...
She was with a male for two hours about a week ago, then I separate them again. Then I put the yellow cobra male in there with the three females in the video. He has been since this morning.

IMO I think she looks pregnant! Good luck and congrats! (if I'm right and not wrong)

Thanks. She is kinda big... are the females normally kind of grumpy (I am not trying to be sexist here) when they are pregnant? She is chasing the other females away... if you are wrong, it doesn't matter, because there is a male in there, so there will definitely be babies soon.

Yupp, she looks pregnant! Fish have personalities of there own so yours can be grumpy, but mine weren't. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom