How do cories breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alia258 said:
Lots of plants and grass should suffice I believe, it worked with my guppy fry anyway—otherwise I could just move the eggs into the floating breeder box and try that route ^^

How can you move the eggs ?? They will be stuck to the plant leaves or the glass usually.
That is why most people move Cories to a breeding tank and then remove the adults and raise the eggs.

The water needs to be pristine to raise fry. Floating breeder box is a Livebearer technique. Not used for Cories or most egg layers.

Keep the 10g or trade for a 20L to use as a breeding tank.

Well the only way to see what works for you is to just keep trying things till you get a good system going. Good luck with it, it's a lot of fun.

You can move the eggs with a razor blade, credit card, or rolling them off the glass and surfaces with your fingernails if you are really careful. If you do try to move them, wait a while to do it, preferably the next day if you can, so that the eggs will harden are easier to work with.

I didn't know they needed time to harden! I'm glad you told me! I was reading in an article that you can re-adhere the eggs to the sides of a breeder box and keep the eggs safe in there, with a air stone to keep them in ice water. That's what I read anyway! So a credit card, wouldn't have thought of that myself

Back
Top Bottom