How do i know my molly fish is close to having her babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Violet92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do i know my molly fish is close to having her babies? On her butt area its white(shes completly black) shes been pooping a lot since last night. She is big i just got her and i have no idea how far along she is or any of that.. Any advice or details would be great :) thank you!

Some fish hide,swim frantically up and down to get babys out. That's when you know they are going to give birth.

Fishie said:
Some fish hide,swim frantically up and down to get babys out. That's when you know they are going to give birth.

Thank you

When there bellies square off.I have 4mollies.they have had 3 lots off babies an I did not c them given birth.I think they have them in the dark when everything is calm.one Mornin u will wake with babies.get them out asap as mum an the others will eat them

Wow that link helped me out a lot!! It is exactly what i have been looking for and especially since i have 2 Creamcicle Lyretails!!

JoshuaTree said:
Wow that link helped me out a lot!! It is exactly what i have been looking for and especially since i have 2 Creamcicle Lyretails!!

I'm glad I was able to help!

JoshuaTree said:

It shocking how much you learning this site.

Denny1985 said:
has the molly had her fry yet?:)

No :( sadly not yet but i think shes getting very close because she looks like a box shape

Back
Top Bottom