How far along is she?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harris55g

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got her today knowing she if going to have fry. Molly!! I've been breeding guppies but this is my 1st Molly that is prego.
But do you have any idea how far she might be? She looks ready to pop n I went ahead n put her in the breeder.

image-1315408593.jpg

Attachments

• image-724232014.jpg
    image-724232014.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 65
I just got her today knowing she if going to have fry. Molly!! I've been breeding guppies but this is my 1st Molly that is prego.
But do you have any idea how far she might be? She looks ready to pop n I went ahead n put her in the breeder.

View attachment 156837
Hi Harris, i hate trying to guess but i reckon no more than a week. How is she reacting to the breeder???

She doesn't seem to mind it. She very still all nightly at night. I hate trying to guess too lol. My 1st time breeding mollies even tho I got her already prego. Only places I have to go for my fish is pet smart or petco. We don't have any local pet shops even an hr away. Tear.

She doesn't seem to mind it. She very still all nightly at night. I hate trying to guess too lol. My 1st time breeding mollies even tho I got her already prego. Only places I have to go for my fish is pet smart or petco. We don't have any local pet shops even an hr away. Tear.
If she's calm in there then i would leave her, same idea as guppies really. When she squares off and stops eating, then she's ready. I really don't think it'll be more than a week. I know some people will disagree with keeping her in the trap for so long but she could birth sooner. I had a platy in a trap for a week, no problems...
Some people say doing a water change or up the temp a degree or two and that helps...

I did the temp up 2 and I don't do my water changes till Friday and with me having other fish just started showing so I want to keep on same schedule.

I did the temp up 2 and I don't do my water changes till Friday and with me having other fish just started showing so I want to keep on same schedule.
Your right, best of luck with it and i look forward to hearing about the 50 new fry!!!!

She must had the babies last night! I was asleep tears.? Haven't got a count yet; will try when I get home from work!!!! I was worried bc I had a big snow storm where I wasn't home for 2 days n power was out at my house for 11 hrs. But all my fish are fine and I was worried she have the babies while I was away an something bad would happen!! I'm so so so so happy right now!!

Here is a pic not very good! Ill get a better one tonight!!

View attachment 157849
Great news. Looks like you have at least 25-30 in there. If you've been breeding guppies then you don't need any advice with them. They are just the same really. I would recommend getting some Hikari First Bites, if you don't have it already. It's an excellent fry food...

Omg here is the count of my new fry mollies.. Take a breath.... 3 still born.... Take it in . Are you ready? I hope so.... 70!!! Yes I said 70!!! Don't know how many she eat!!!

I have 2 55g not very many in the tank so going to kept some for each then my aunt is setting up a tank so I'm going to give some to her and then my cuz and a close friend of ours that is starting a 75g!!!

I have 2 55g not very many in the tank so going to kept some for each then my aunt is setting up a tank so I'm going to give some to her and then my cuz and a close friend of ours that is starting a 75g!!!
What about the next batch and the next and the next one!!!. Is there any chance your lfs would offer you credit for them??

Only fish store I have is petco and pet smart. And i been searching and been up to 2 hrs away from home for a Lfs and haven't found one.

Only fish store I have is petco and pet smart. And i been searching and been up to 2 hrs away from home for a Lfs and haven't found one.

That's a pain. I find it amazing, how you guys over there sometimes have to travel so far to get to a lfs. If i had to drive that far, i would be on the other side of my country!!!!. My lfs is a 3 mins drive away. The manager of my lfs sometimes even calls over on Saturdays for lunch!!!!

Bk where I use to live in another state I had one that was bout 45mins. Closes one to me.

That's so neat!

Well the babies are doing good lost a few. Have 63 now. I was looking at their body and the anal fin and I'm 99% sure I don't have a single male Molly fry. Can that really happen??

Just turned 5 weeks but pretty big. Already getting their spots.

Attachments

• image-3392213325.jpg
    image-3392213325.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom