How fast do fancy guppy fry grow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhillieSniper115

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I'm starting to breed fancy guppies in a 2.5 gal tank ( has filter and heater) I and I want to know how fast it takes for them to grow. At least until ther big enough that they won't get eatn cas I will also use the tank for selective breeding so I don't want the fry to be eatn. Yes I will obviously separate them from the adults I just want to know how long until they are big enough not to b eatn and how big they need to be in order to b transfered to another tank. So ya I would like an answer. Thanx for ur time.

I don't think you will get much breeding done in a 2.5 gal tank.. but you might.. who knows...

I usually put my fry in a breeding net until they are about 2 weeks old, after that they are usually fast enough to outrun the bigger fish and there is a sponge cover on my filter intake. I think that I read somewhere that guppies are finished growing until around 6 months, but I'm not fur sure... I'd turn the heater up in your fry tank as well to around 80... That will make them grow faster as well as feeding them multiple times a day =)

Guppies multiply so fast, I just put good hiding places (lots of plants) in the main tank and the babies can take care of themselves.

Guppies multiply so fast, I just put good hiding places (lots of plants) in the main tank and the babies can take care of themselves.

+1,

unless your breeding to sell, you'll more than you know what to do with in not much time at all :) Also like the other poster mentioned, frequent feedings 4-6 a day... keep their area clean and watch them grow :)

basketballqt said:
I don't think you will get much breeding done in a 2.5 gal tank.. but you might.. who knows...

I usually put my fry in a breeding net until they are about 2 weeks old, after that they are usually fast enough to outrun the bigger fish and there is a sponge cover on my filter intake. I think that I read somewhere that guppies are finished growing until around 6 months, but I'm not fur sure... I'd turn the heater up in your fry tank as well to around 80... That will make them grow faster as well as feeding them multiple times a day =)

Ya they will breed is big enough 4 them. Also, they will be in a breederbox until ig enough which I heard is at 3 weeks and about a month to mature. But idk. I do have the filter covered. When they get to adult size I will put them into my community tank expet for the ones I want to selectively breed.

Back
Top Bottom