how long do mollies stay pregnant for.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d1anonly22

Aquarium Advice Freak
my girlfriends molly is pregnant and has been for at least two days, and i have no idea how long it should take for them to be born, i raise jack dempseys my self and have at least 50 fry out of my second batch. it only took them three days to hatch.

It actually depends on several things because livebearers can hold the fry for several weeks even if they are fully developed. If the fish is stressed, poor water quality or food supply can make the fish hold the fry longer.

I noticed when I moved my guppies to a larger tank a couple of weeks ago no new fry I keep watching figuring any day now I am going to have a dozen more but nothing. The water is the same, temperature is the same it is just they are just holding on longer. In the other tank every few days I had more fry.

thank for replying, om i thnk there really happy where they are and they get fed good, but im not sure on water conditions it was bad before but judging by there behavior it seems better.

Back
Top Bottom