How long does it take for Krib fry to get to a sellable size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luananeko

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Kribs surprised me with a brood a babies last week, and so far the parents have been excellent parents :) I haven't had to do anything special to feed them other than continue with my usual frozen food and crushed flakes & pellets on alternating days routine. The babies appear to have doubled in size and all seem to be thriving. They're big enough now that the only fish with large enough mouths in the tank to be a threat to them are my Red Tail Black Shark and my Opaline Gourami, neither of which seem willing to mess with the parents. I don't blame them, the parents have even bitten me several times when I was trying to re-plant some stem plants that my loaches uprooted (again... Silly dorks)!

So my question is... Since the brood seems like it'll make it, how long do they usually take to grow up to the point I can sell them to my LFS? I don't have a grow-out tank available, so while they are adorable I can't afford to keep them longer than necessary.

I don't have any recent pics, but here's what the brood looked like last week when I discovered them!
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/baby-kribs-out-on-a-night-time-forage-317709.html

Update:

Week two (that I've been aware of them) pic of the fry!
img_3034688_0_adbfb3962c8ae3d67c04ca79f1b3ac95.jpg

They're not quite as itty bitty as before, but still pretty little! I counted at least 24 in the brood, but its hard to count when they keep moving around and blend in with the substrate :)

I've sold off most of the first batch of fry and half of the second batch. Mom and dad are currently herding around their second batch. I have one female from the first batch I've been hanging onto for a friend and it looks like it's just now hitting sexual maturity. Mom and dad have been VERY prolific ;)

Back
Top Bottom