How long for balloon fry to look balloon??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone, here are my 2 week old lonely fry... one is twice the size of the other one and quite big for only 2 wks old....

Anyone know if daddy was also balloon how long until they take on the balloon form? I baught it preggo so im assuming its daddy was balloon, but not sure :)

here are the 2 cuties I took today

34518-albums1622-picture11020.jpg

I had a few Balloon babies appear in the tank on Christmas morning - best present ever!

It wasn't until March that the female started looking really Balloon-y. The surviving male is now looking like he's going to be a Molly rather than a Balloon, which must've been due to stored sperm.

Another young Balloon born I don't remember when, January maybe, is now starting to look B'loony. 3-4 months.

Thanks Shetland, so its going to be awhile :) Good to know I wont start holding my breath.

I have balloon molly fry that are about a week old and that's what they look like too

If you feed them on protein-y foods like baby brine shrimp and daphnia they will grow faster. Also increase the temperature and feed them more.

Congrats john91!!!

shetland, I feed my fry 4-6 times a day, a variety of foods and the one is growing amazing, the other is half the size, I think in my situation its genetics :D

Back
Top Bottom