How Long til Platy Birth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is Cookie :)

Got this girl about 10 days ago...

How long till she gives birth? Any guesses? I've had a platy give birth with a smaller belly than that, but also bigger...
Sorry for poor quality pics... She gets excited when I go to the tank and goes all over.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 86495

View attachment 86496

With her you will definitely see little black eyes staring at you in her belly. That'll be your definate sign. She may be early in preggos but not far along

my pregnant platys(hawaii) have unusaul bulges,the bottom doesnt round more just drops.

Cookie is even bigger! Solid black inside has moved closer to her vent... She's flexing her tail a bit... Close!

Following. I have a male an female hi fin variatus and I have no live bearer experience. I imagine she will end up having babies at some point. How all goes well!

I have found 6 in the gravel so far... There may be a couple still hiding well, but the other fish have been hunting around well... Mom is moved to her own 10g... She still has a bit of black inside... Will see by tonight if she has any more in there...
After she's finished I'll out her back in the 20g.

Babies are alternating between swimming and laying on the bottom... Strong babies from Cookie :)

View attachment 89495

ocminpin said:
This is a platy... Not a guppy... I have another thread about my guppy... You can ask over there :)

I'm sorry for the mistake! I will go there. I've read so many posts I got confused.

Bearchumjs said:
They are so cute! How many babies can a guppy have?

I had a guppy that gave birth to 16-20 baby fry in a well planted tank.... But some say even more.

ocminpin said:
I have found 6 in the gravel so far... There may be a couple still hiding well, but the other fish have been hunting around well... Mom is moved to her own 10g... She still has a bit of black inside... Will see by tonight if she has any more in there...
After she's finished I'll out her back in the 20g.

Babies are alternating between swimming and laying on the bottom... Strong babies from Cookie :)

Too cute! At least they are relatively easy to catch compared to my month old ones ;)

Starka said:
Too cute! At least they are relatively easy to catch compared to my month old ones ;)

Ohhhh no they weren't!! They are 1/4 the size of the gravel... Burrowed right down in. I may find more later...

ocminpin said:
Ohhhh no they weren't!! They are 1/4 the size of the gravel... Burrowed right down in. I may find more later...

Oh that's right you have gravel, all those cracks and crevices. How is Cookie holding up?

Back
Top Bottom