how long until panda cories are full grown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kellie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 itty bitty tiny weeny panda cory babies. They were sold as babies, I didn't breed them. I knew they were considerably smaller but didn't realize just how small until I put them in the tank with my 3 adult pandas. Based on what I could find about cory devolopment they appear to be about 12 weeks old. Just curious how long until they reach their full adult size? Couldn't find an age for that.

They are so cute they make you either want to squeal OMG TOO CUTE!!!! Or cry happy tears from holding in the urge to squeal. But they blend in so well its hard to find them when they aren't playing at the front of the tank! I do at least 3 "head counts" a day on my tank and these guys are driving me nuts with worry because it takes forever for my eyes to find them!

thats hard to say as it changes with temp water quality tank size food quality. but i would say they are adults at just over a year. however from about 4months on they look like miniture versions of there parents but they just arnt proportioned the same

Thank you. I'd say mine are just over four months then. They are positively enchanting how cute they are I'm cursing myself for not having my camera ready last night. The babies try to school with the adults but aren't fast enough when one of the babies took a rest on the bottom one of the big guys glided next to him and landed and it honestly looked like he had his "arm" around the baby! Its adorable seeing the interactions when the school is half adult half bitty baby.

Hi I found two baby panda cories in my tank about a year ago:dance: at first I thought they were shrimps {yes they were that tiny} But after about 6/8 weeks or so I spotted a tiny replica cory:dance: It was barely a centimetre long. I shall put on a photo sorry poor quality! The baby cory is the second one in from the right and is now about six months old:)
Hi it is actually the third one in {didn't spot the other one facing the front!}

Attachments

• pandas (Large).jpg
    pandas (Large).jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Thanks for the pic. I <3 the pandas so much. I am still waiting for my babies to stay still king enough for me to get a cute pic

Back
Top Bottom