How long until pregnant guppy gives birth? (Pic included)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eschie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering about how long it would be until my guppy gives birth.

Attachments

• image-2444431378.jpg
    image-2444431378.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 128
She will Probably be less than a week. She looks all ready square so it could be anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days. I breed guppies and I have 108 fry just now and one of my females who gave birth today looked like that yesterday. I hoped this helped

Good news! While I was away visiting a college she gave birth! Luckily I told the doggy sitter to watch the tank and take out the mother if she saw fry. I'm now a father of 15 little fry!!! :D

Eschie said:
Good news! While I was away visiting a college she gave birth! Luckily I told the doggy sitter to watch the tank and take out the mother if she saw fry. I'm now a father of 15 little fry!!! :D

That's great news good luck with the fry

Eschie....... you are the father?????? :flowers: :lol:

Yup! Me and the female guppy in the picture hooked up about a month ago. But now she doesn't want me to see the kids because I'm "abusive," yet she still expect me to pay child support. Women these days!

Yup! Me and the female guppy in the picture hooked up about a month ago. But now she doesn't want me to see the kids because I'm "abusive," yet she still expect me to pay child support. Women these days!

Child support for 15 fry.... man you are royally Scr***d :whistle::facepalm:

So... I had another female guppy in my tank. I estimated her at about a week til birth because she wasn't too big. However, an hour later I saw a new baby fry sitting at the surface of the water. As I tried to save the little guy, one of my males promptly swam over and chomped him down. Now I have a serious murder lawsuit on my hands as well as the 15 baby guys I have. They're growing up so fast! :D soon they'll be off to college and then head off to the big tank. It tears me up to think that! :'(

Back
Top Bottom