How pregnant are my new guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettylatte

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello!
Sorry about all my threads, but I restarted my tank! I'm really exited about this group of fish, they all have great coloring! But I've had terrible luck with predicting pregnancies and always miss when they drop so can someone tell me when my females look like they are going to drop? (Mainly the red one, the blue breeding pair female dosen't
look pregnant yet.) I just got them a couple days ago so I have no clue if they are pregnant or when they should drop so this would probably save a lot of fry, thanks so much in advance!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397182868.390486.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397182884.661720.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397182902.888618.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397182919.282623.jpg

I would put the red one in a breeding box that way u can see the babys when they drop and so all the fish dont eat them good luck

Thanks! What about my blue guppy? She has ballooned up all the sudden! I'm so happy, this is the first time one of my guppies are staying pregnant, I thinkImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397574752.841536.jpg it's the new male because the old one may have been sterile

I don't have an issue in none prego females as long as you get from a reliable source and get the strongest , healthiest, and the one with a lot of energy then you should be fine. I have 3 females and a male fancy guppy and needless to say his name isn't Casanova just for looks XD.

That one has like 1-2weeks to go. To induce deliver up the temp by 1 degree slowly. Rapid temp changes maybe detrimental

New and excited hobbyist

Back
Top Bottom