How soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Me female guppy seems to be hovering in 1 place extremely pregnant, breathing pretty heavily, how soon should I be expecting fry?

Attachments

• image-1905118741.jpg
    image-1905118741.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image-374514220.jpg
    image-374514220.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 92
Any day now IMO, how do you plan on having her drop fry? Breeder net or trap or like me o'natural

Completely natural! :) She seemed to be acting different the last hour or two so I assumed she was really close.

Well its been nearly 24 hours, still no babies. It's sooooo hard to wait...!

It gets easier with time and more guppies. If You get about 8 or so you will be getting fry about every week- I have 8 females that are going to pop any day now. It's just going to be one day I look in the tank and I have like 200 fry swimming around.

Best of luck to you.

Yeah, it's gonna take some patience... She sure is taking her time giving birth....

ocminpin said:
Were you able to save any? Did you search around really well?

I couldn't find any.... But they are good hiders so Im hoping some survived.

ajaguilar said:
Is it real easy to tell that they had babies when you don't see any? My guppy females always look huge.

Yeah, mine was like huge 4 hours before and when I looked again she was smaller

ocminpin said:
I wish my Mollies were like all your guppies are...

Haha, yea I'm lucky, but I had to wait like 6 weeks from when I first noticed she was pregnant, and I was starting to think that she would never give birth.... But from what I've read in your threads you've waited a lot longer!

Guppyman34 said:
Haha, yea I'm lucky, but I had to wait like 6 weeks from when I first noticed she was pregnant, and I was starting to think that she would never give birth.... But from what I've read in your threads you've waited a lot longer!

Always the same thing with Mz Big Mama... I should just stop even paying attention :)

Well I found one! She's been hiding in a fake plant eating algae for a day now. It's almost impossible to take a pic, she's still so small! Very good swimmer for only 2 or 3 days old though, and dark compared to the fry I've had in the past!

Back
Top Bottom