How to breed angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The hardest part is getting a pair. How far are you into this, like do you have a pair? Young angels fresh from the shop?

Aron said:
The hardest part is getting a pair. How far are you into this, like do you have a pair? Young angels fresh from the shop?

Yes i have two young angels but not sure if there male or female?

It's hard to tell whether they are male or female or not and they dont usually breed until they are about 10 month plus old. The best way to start would be to buy an already established pair!

Aron said:
It's hard to tell whether they are male or female or not and they dont usually breed until they are about 10 month plus old. The best way to start would be to buy an already established pair!

Ok thanks what would be the next step after that

Can anyone help me i want to breed angel fish

I have a breeding method that has produced many baby Angelfish but it requires multiple tanks with one being a very large grow out tank (70Gal or more.) If you are able to use this method, feel free to PM me for instructions.
From the sounds of it tho, your fish are too young to be breeding right now. What you can do if you are not sure if they are a pair is to put spawning sites such as flat pieces of rock against the glass or spawning cones or Angelfish spawning plates ( I believe they are called) in the tank and let them spawn naturally for the first time. However, I believe they won't be doing this for a few months from now.

Hope this helps...(y)

Andy Sager said:
I have a breeding method that has produced many baby Angelfish but it requires multiple tanks with one being a very large grow out tank (70Gal or more.) If you are able to use this method, feel free to PM me for instructions.
From the sounds of it tho, your fish are too young to be breeding right now. What you can do if you are not sure if they are a pair is to put spawning sites such as flat pieces of rock against the glass or spawning cones or Angelfish spawning plates ( I believe they are called) in the tank and let them spawn naturally for the first time. However, I believe they won't be doing this for a few months from now.

Hope this helps...(y)

Thank you ever so much :)
Fishboy77 

Do they look healthy

Yes, but not nearly large enough or old enough to even be thinking about when these fish will breed. They are many months away from that point. Keep them healthy for about 4-6 months then we can talk ;) :D

To answer you question about moving the fry, if you don't artificially hatch out the eggs, then I use a siphon hose to move small fry from tank to tank. (y)

Andy Sager said:
Yes, but not nearly large enough or old enough to even be thinking about when these fish will breed. They are many months away from that point. Keep them healthy for about 4-6 months then we can talk ;) :D

To answer you question about moving the fry, if you don't artificially hatch out the eggs, then I use a siphon hose to move small fry from tank to tank. (y)

Sorry but what is a siphon hose do u have a pic?

Sorry but what is a siphon hose do u have a pic?

A siphon hose is any type of hose (preferrably flexible) whereby you can , through initial suction, transfer liquid(in this case water and fish) from one place to another.
It sounds fancy but it really isn't. :D People use garden hoses, or hoses from the home improvement stores all the time. My favs are clear, 1/2" ID or 3/4" ID (ID means inside dimention) because they are the easier ones to handle and work with and you can see through them to confirm that you are moving the fish.
Next time you are in your favorite Fish Store and you see the employee draining a tank or cleaning a tank, they will probably be using a siphon hose. Ask them to explain how it works so you can see one in action. ;)

Hope this helps...(y)

Back
Top Bottom