how to force oranda gold fish breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khanahmedabbas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how to force oranda gold fish to breed ? is there a way we can tell oranda gold fish to breed ? if yes how ?

also what is the season they breed in ?

I don't think you can force fish to do anything. If they are happy and have the right living conditions then they might, but there is no way to make them do anything.

I'm going to keep my opinion on forcing anything to do anything to myself but I don't honestly think you can force that to happen.

Barry White on the CD?

j/k. As others said, you can't really force them. I do know that a lot of farms strip the eggs of the female and sperm of the males and artificially fertilize them. Not something to be undertaken by an amateur however.

I don't think there is a certain month that they will breed. Aquariums are a closed system so there will not be 'seasons' in your tank. From what I've read, on Google, it seems like adding cooler water for a while at water changes and then bringing the temp back up seems to trigger spawning. You can tell when the male is ready to breed because white spots will appear on his head.

Oranda Goldfish

Ok today i purchased oranda gold fish from aquarium shop

Size : extra large
Price : 4.26 USD / Pair

Tomorrow i am going to remove common gold fish family members as they are disturbing oranda gold fishes.

You might be thinking how do i know common gold fish disturbs oranda family members:

Here is the answer:
I sat near aquarium and checked for 20 - 30 minutes as what all fish family members are doing and saw common gold fish member was disturbing oranda gold fish family member surprisingly.

My 15 old precious oranda gold fish died because of power breakdown in my area and common fish dirtubance.

Anyways i am going to change my aquarium tank water tomorrow and remove common gold fish family members.

Only royal family members in my aquarium.

Check out some screenshots i attached in this topic its recent ones.

Attachments

• oranda gold fisha.jpg
    oranda gold fisha.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 123
  • oranda gold fishb.jpg
    oranda gold fishb.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 213
My comets and koi breed every spring. So i'm guessing an increase in temperature and rains will make them want to breed. Also note that goldfish are crazy prolific, laying hundreds of eggs per clutch so be prepared to destroy some eggs. You also need more goldfish. It's impossible to tell males from females so a batch of 5-6 can guarentee you some pairs.

alright today i cleaned aquarium and filled with fresh water, added some salt and medicine and removed all common gold fish family members.

when i was cleaning aquarium i saw some very small insects at the right down side corner of my aquarium and they were moving like ants so fast, it came from the eggs of oranda gold fish which were hiding.

i try taking them as much as i can and added in my small aquarium now waiting to see them becoming big.

i am attaching some images so you can see my beautiful aquarium with beautiful royal oranda family members.

Attachments

• IMAG0219 (512 x 384).jpg
    IMAG0219 (512 x 384).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG02192.jpg
    IMAG02192.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,297
  • IMAG02193.jpg
    IMAG02193.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 2,258
I personally wouldn't try "forcing" fish to breed. But I read and even experienced a "forced" spawn. Let the fish suffer by turning off the pumps. Then bring them back to life. Natural instinct will induce them to spawn.
Second method (much better method) is by raising the water temperature.

If you really want to breed, I suggest you do a lot of research. These days there are lots of info you can dig up. I'm not into goldfish anymore, but if I'm not mistaken there is an ideal size for breeding. This influences the surviving probability of the fry.

Remember, getting them to spawn is the easy part. Getting the eggs to hatch and raising the fry is the hard part.

Second method (much better method) is by raising the water temperature.

I think you have the backwards... usually you lower the temperature when doing a PWC. This simulates the rainy season - which is when fish usually spawn. Adding water that is five degrees cooler usually does the trick.

I think you have the backwards... usually you lower the temperature when doing a PWC. This simulates the rainy season - which is when fish usually spawn. Adding water that is five degrees cooler usually does the trick.

Nope, goldfish spawn during the spring. As soon as the water temperature rises they spawn. But first you have to cool the water.

I've had my comets and koi spawn numerous times in my pond.

Well I stand corrected then. I'm not a goldie expert by any means... for tropicals that is one way I know to 'force' a spawn.

Back
Top Bottom