I can't tell if this gourami fish is pregnant or just eats a lot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like it has dropsy. It may be a bacterial infection or parasites. Are its scales sticking out?

Not pregnant.Probably not egg bound either.
Looks like dropsy,which is really just another symptom of bacterial issue gone too far.
Few recover from dropsy those that do have re occurring issue usually till passing.The swelling is a signal of how much internal and organ damage has been done...
If that is one of the 'elusive'[IMO] female dwarf gouramis maybe you want to read up on DGI..Dwarf Gourami Iriodovirus...
No real treatment for either issue as I see it.
Get a different gourami..The dwarfs are lousy with issues...

Not pregnant.Probably not egg bound either.
Looks like dropsy,which is really just another symptom of bacterial issue gone too far.
Few recover from dropsy those that do have re occurring issue usually till passing.The swelling is a signal of how much internal and organ damage has been done...
If that is one of the 'elusive'[IMO] female dwarf gouramis maybe you want to read up on DGI..Dwarf Gourami Iriodovirus...
No real treatment for either issue as I see it.
Get a different gourami..The dwarfs are lousy with issues...

Think it's a female 'Honey Gourami' Trichogaster chuna if I'm not mistaken but yeh everything @coralbandit has said here I couldn't agree more with.

Back
Top Bottom