i didnt think it was possible!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovemydragongoby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have successfully bred bumble bee gobies! without trying lol!!!! they are so tiny, we just saw them today. theres only 5 of them that we can see. if they last i dont know. i dont have a tank i can transfer them to since my 20gal is holding my gsp now. i never heard of anyone breeding BB Gobies! I'm so excited! I'll try and get a pic when they get bigger, but right now they are TINY. Smaller than guppy fry!

they are way to tiny to get a pic of, this morning i've only been able to find 2 of them. so i'm thinking the other 3 or hiding or they got eaten....i bought one of those breeder net things that sit in the tank at the top but they got out over night some how. i'm thinking they are already atleast a week old if not a bit more. you can kind of see the stripes. i thought they were mollies at first but until one stuck to the glass. i'm hoping that they survive

it wouldve been if they survived :( i'm waiting for the mollies to go and then we're going to tear down the tank and start over, probably get a new dragon.

probably, i havent seen them at all...the only fish in the tank right now are mollies and guppies and they arent doing so well either. the bb goby pair are gone. we're just waiting abit, if they get better we're going to sell them, if not i think we'l have to euthinize them.

Do you know why they are not doing well? Disease, water parameters?

You should get to the bottom of it before starting again. You don't want similar problems to crop up when you start again.

I wonder if this is the same type of deal as the bettas? :( I hope there isn't something weird in your tap! I know you take care of your tanks, I have seen them. BEAUTIFUL!

well we did have ich in there, but its gone, so i'm assuming they got another infection after the ich was gone. one of the mollies swims vertically with her head up if a male picks on her. the guppies seem healthier then the guppies. but the mollies are still breeding, we just had another batch of fry on friday. i was talking to someone on another site and they said it could have been a birthing injury. i had her in a hospital tank for 3 weeks treating her with melafix cause she had a really red spot by her but that did go away. (which accured right after giving birth to a rather large amount of babies)

but ive check my tap water and theres no ammonia or anything in it. i checked the treated water before adding to the tank and everything is fine. and ive checked the parms in the tank and everything is in check
A-0
N-0
N-between 10-20
Ph- 7.5

oh the mollies that we did lose had clamped fins and some color loss i guess. (theyre dalmation mollies) some of their black spots lightened. and we lost one guppy who had a bent spine.

Back
Top Bottom