I discovered black moor eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgertsma

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I looked in my goldfish tank this afternoon, to find eggs laying on top of my black sand bottom. I'm wandering what I should do with the eggs, any suggestions would be great. I had absolutely no intent on breeding my goldfish, since I am already breeding guppies. So I did what I could to prevent it. What I didn't count on was my feeling sorry for a black moor, at walmart of all places, she was being constantly chased by two or three Shubunkins that were pecking at her anal region. I'm sure she breed in the tank at walmart because all my other goldfish are only two inches long. My real question is, how do I get the eggs out without harming them?

Since none of the people who are more experienced with eggs replied here are my 2 cents. Wait until they harden and use a razor blade to get them up, I'm not sure if it will work though because its on the sand. Let me look into it a bit more.

Okay, now I'm sure the eggs have been fertilized by one of my male calico fantails. I am watching him chase my black more around the tank and I can see cell division happening in the eggs in the eggs that I have managed to remove so far. The razor blade did not prove successful. even though it is tedious, I have found the comb to be the best option for dividing the eggs from the sand.

Back
Top Bottom