I finally witnessed the delivery!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I can't believe it, it was so awesome, my guppy gave birth tonight and I watched for about half an hour! She already had a couple when I got there, the I saw her deliver 5 of them I stlll see a couple sets of eyes low in her belly but I wanted to turn off the light, the boys woke up and started chasing her around. After a really horrible last couple days this is exactly what I needed :). I knew yesterday it would be soon she started acting different, that's why I went to check, I don't normally go to the guppy tank before bed to check.

Mommy was being weird I thought fish stayed near the bottom to give birth, one time she was up and over by the filter intake and it sucked up a baby :( I went and got my foam and wrapped it around so no more would get sucked up, then unplugged the filter and dumped it out, but I couldn't see if I got it out the light went out too when I unplugged the power bar... Anyway, had to share my miracle ;)

Congrats, I'm trying to see if my male can stand a female long enough to breed atm...he finally realized he was slacking on the nest part and is currently busy blowing bubbles (only took him 2 days to figure out whats missing)

Aw! I'm so jealous! My guppies are so regular I can tell you the exact day that they will drop their fry (this Friday :D), but it happens to be on a day that I go straight from work to my mother in laws house and don't get home till about 11. By that time they've already had them and I've missed it :(

Back
Top Bottom