I got Ottos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael

Aquarium Advice Activist
In my 300g planted tank I have, from what I can count, 12 Otto fry. That's only what I see on the glass, I'm sure there are more on the wood and plants. Here's some pics.

The otto in by the thermometer
e85ee2b1.jpg

e85ee273.jpg

e85ee1ba.jpg

e85ee0f9.jpg

Actually I have a Longfinned Bristlenose attending to fry in a breeding cave. They are still in the cave, have not been out yet. These are Ottos, they even hang out with the other Ottos in the tank.

8O WOW!!!! 8O You are the first person I have ever heard of having Ottos spawn in captivity, are you doing anything with your tank maintenance that most people don't do?

Yes, the big tank helps. Plus I have had a group of 18 Ottos together for a few years, some are larger than my Lemon Tetras and as long as male Apisto Cockatoos. I think they have been spawning for a while, they always do the Cory chase but this time the eggs must have been well hidden. A few weeks back a did a week of daily 1/3 water changes, I bet that was the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom