I got to witness corydoras breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathers_hounds

Aquarium Advice Regular
My friend has all the luck with her fish pairing up and laying eggs...
she has 6 or 7 angels and she has 2 definite pairs who lay eggs , she has had cory's in different tanks lay eggs and something else she's just not sure of.. I have fish that are suppose to lay eggs and I don't see it.. anyway we watched her corys in her 20 gal(which is just like her grow tank for cuttings and livebearers) for a while, mating and laying the eggs on the glass. it was really neat. I recorded some, but it didn't come out to well. I am posting a pic of the pair, so maybe someone can enlighten me on what species they are. the pair would dance and chase and then I think it was her would kinda lay over and he(I think) was using his mouth on her female part, then she gathered the eggs in her back fins and carried them to the glass. at least that's how I can describe it. all of her fish were eating them, then within this week they have laid eggs again. I had given her some small pieces of slate, hoping they would lay on there. they laid on glass she used the slate to cover it where the other fish could not get to them. it has been a few days, she said the eggs were there last nite and gone today?? I am more the one to do research, so here I am fixing to dive into seeing how we can get the eggs to live on, and maybe figure out what I can do, to have a pair.

Attachments

• 100_4609__small__182.jpg
    100_4609__small__182.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom