I have fry - need help quite urgently please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shell_Dweller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a 40" long tank and I partitioned it less than 1/3 of the way with a (temporary) glass piece. This was so I could keep the female Acei Cichlid who was holding babies in her mouth. She has let them all out and they are not swimming inside the 1/3 of the tank section. I have a filter and everything in there on that side. There is sand, 5 pieces of ocean rock, big high potted plant, coconut cave with plant on top. Basically lots of places for them to hide in. I'm currently in the process of giving the filter on that side a clean and adding a fine netting where the water sucks in from the filter so they don't get sucked in. I'm thinking it seems like a nice place for them to grow out.

However, now I'm thinking about how easy would it be to feed them. I placed a little bit of daphnia in earlier to lure out the female to make it easier to catch her, although she was coming up for the food as she must be starving holding them but was just scared of the net. The babies were coming out of the ocean rock holes to pick out the daphnia particles.

My question is will it be fine leaving them in there or am I better off placing them in a breeding tank? I am looking to do small regular water changes everyday and clean the filters once a week too.

Any thoughts will really help. Thanks in advance.

Having their own tank seems to always be better. Easier to feed and take care of them in general. Do you have one set up?

<g.m.t.a>

Back
Top Bottom