I love surprises!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigJim

Aquarium Advice Addict
About three weeks ago, I deforested my 20L and removed about 80% of the water sprite, half the java moss, and several stems of anacharis. I couldn't bring myself to throw the cuttings away, so I put them in a spare 20H on the kitchen counter with a few inches of water with the intention of selling them.

Last Saturday night, I got back from fireworks and noticed something swimming around in the water. I figured that a cherry shrimp or possibly a guppy had gotten tangled in the plants. I'd already fished one guppy out shortly after moving the plants. It turned out to be a panda cory fry! My best count so far is 8-9 pandas. I also found about twenty RCS. I don't think I can ever throw any plants away in good conscience again. I tried to get some pictures of the cories, but my camera and my photography skills aren't good enough to catch the little guys clearly. The tank is now set up properly in the basement. The pandas are about 1/4" long and really cute.

Congrats!!!

Surprise fry are my favorite! :)

All I get when I do large trimmings is stuff on my floor! Consider yourself lucky and congrats on the new additions! :)

wow, what a surprise, my waste from my tanks ends up going in a bag sitting next to the tank for a couple of days, or until i remember to bin it . consider yourself lucky :)

Not sure if I'd sell them. They may just provide some motivation to set up the 40g I have collecting dust in the basement.

Well if you ever want to let me know ! :) I love those things. I hope my LFS will have some again when I am ready for them.

Back
Top Bottom