I think i got eggs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordinho80

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed various set ups of what seems to be eggs in my 10 gal today...5 to be exact...4 are located on glass and one is on top of a clam shell that i have as decor...i dont know what it is for sure...if its eggs, i dont know if they are from my guppies or my frogs...they are clear with little white centers...i will take pics tonight and post...any ideas on what this may be???

guppies are live bearing fish so it would have to be frog eggs. Do you have any snails in the tank?

i got a bunch of snails...i have had snails for a while now and i have never noticed these things before...

I don't know what types of snails you have but some of my hitchhiker snails lay eggs in sacs that kind of look like you described. It could be your frogs. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Definitely snails. If you don't want to be overrrun with them I'd go ahead and snag those clutches out of there if you can.

will do...i already have a bunch and i'm not really to fond of them...oh well, looks like i got some cleaning to do...

xray said:
Aww!! :puppydogeyes: I was all ready to say congrats. Hope its your frogs next time. :wink:

i appreciate the sentiment..i will leave whatever it is until i see something...

till then i will still be cleaning out the current snails...

thanks all

I don't have any snails, but if I ever get them, is this the best way to control the population?

The best way to control the population is to be very sure you are not overfeeding, and to remove as many as you can by sinking a romaine lettuce leaf in the tank overnight, and getting all of the ones attached to it in the morning out of there.

You can also control them by keeping loaches, if the tank can accommodate them.

Back
Top Bottom