Id for eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nshepler

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If these are eggs could someone help me id them. The fish in the tank are neon tetras and cory cats. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419789201.197480.jpg

May the force be with you.

What kind of cory cats? The eggs look similar to the eggs my corys put on the glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm guessing cory eggs. They hatch after a day or two if they are fertile. I take mine out a d put them in a small container because they are so small.

Are those fertile? I can't remember if clear is fertile or not. I remember there's a difference though. What kind of container should I put them in? And how do I get them in said container?

I can never remember how you know which are fertile. It's in another recent thread on here. I rinse my hands really well and pick whatever I can off the glass plants and put them in a dip and pour that I hang on the inside of the tank to keep water warm. After they hatch the egg sack feeds them for about 3 days. Then I feed microworms and Hikari first bites sparingly. I just transfered my first batch of fry to a 10g yesterday. So far so good. Hope this helps!

Okay I'll try and get one tomorrow, I have rainbow eggs in my breeder box so I'll figure it out. Thanks for the help!

Should I just cut that leaf and put it in or should I try and remove them?

That is totally up to you. I always put a plant with my eggs anyway as a source of micro foods for the fry. I forgot what the micro organisms on the plants are called.

Back
Top Bottom