Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I just had some fry this week too I didnt know I brought home a momma to be from the LFS I still dont know which one was knocked up but I was very shocked and in a tizzy about what to do. But Gratz I think we may be in the same boat though i didnt think about fry when i considered my tank size and fish choices. Lucky for me it seems all of my mollies are female so after some shocks I think I will be ok. Though I may not be able to add fish as I will be close to stocked if all 6 or so fry live to be full adults..... Wait if some are male i may have an issue again????
Good luck

Nyrmel Neewbie extrodinary luvr of things furry, finny, or the color purple20 gallon planted 1 blueygray guppy, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail(bulldozer), 3 mollies tux,edo and spot(dalmation) unknown fry Warning I can't spell to save my life, & I tend to ramble... alot. Also an avid outdoor ponder with 5 koi and a dozen goldfish and wonderful assortment of plants
nyrmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not to worry.... more tanks?

Old 06-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

well that would seem a good answer but I dont have free range and short of converting the bed to a cushion topped tank have no room (can only barly move around edges of bed now and still open dressor drawers. had to move my book shelves up and mount them higher on wall so my tank could fit underneath without bumpingmy head. lol so iam just going to hope i have female fry otherwise I will donate them to the new tank being set up at my sons after school program. Right now they have 3 platties so if i give them any male mollies we would be good and nobody is overstocked right?
Nyrmel Neewbie extrodinary luvr of things furry, finny, or the color purple20 gallon planted 1 blueygray guppy, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail(bulldozer), 3 mollies tux,edo and spot(dalmation) unknown fry Warning I can't spell to save my life, & I tend to ramble... alot. Also an avid outdoor ponder with 5 koi and a dozen goldfish and wonderful assortment of plants
Old 06-10-2008, 02:21 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Plastic food containers (the kind that mayonaise, cookies, dog food come in) 1g or larger make great temporary housings for fry or a gew livebearer adults. All that is needed is an airstone. Change the water 1x a week (100%) and don't bother about the cycle. Works great and can be moved on a moment's notice.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

yes but i wouldnt be able to expalin that to the landlord or the cats
when I have 20 gallons in jugs lined up on the floor along side the bed..... very classy
Old 06-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

nyrmel you might try asking the LFS to take them mine takes them and gives me store credit for them.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Do You think the LFS will take the really small fry? I've given away three. I've got 7 left and they are still very small.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

if I end upwith males I will other wise like i said I will most likely take them to the school as they dont have female mollies it make it an issue
Old 06-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

My local fish store will take them really small but will not buy them untill they are about a inch long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com