I'm a guppy Gramma!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tracygh

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My guppy just delivered 14 babies! Woohoo!! I'm a guppy Gramma!! The kids, especially the 3 and 5 year olds, are thrilled, and just sitting in front of the aquarium watching. Boy are they fast!
After such a bad week, losing 7 of my 12 fish in a matter of days, this is kind of a new beginning :)
Now to listen to the little ones name them all LOL :lol:

Congrats! :D
You may find that your fish will eat the fry. If that's the case, you can always go out and get a breeder net to hang in your tank, then you can put the fry in there. They're not expensive.
And expect to see allot more fry coming......guppies breed like rabbits given the right conditions, just like most other common livebearers.

Thanks for the feedback Thamas. I have a clear plastic breedeing box thing where the fry fall to the bottom. I have taken Mama Goldie out of that now ond only have the fry in it, I have since found four new fry in the main tank and caught them and stuck them in the "crib".
I will continue to scoop when I see any new ones, but if one or two get lost to the food chain, then I guess c'est la vie.
Thanks for your reply :)

Back
Top Bottom