I'm an assassin snail breeder now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshandAmelia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got assassin snails about 6 weeks ago, to knock down my pond and MT snail issue. Now I think they're my favorite thing in the tank. Then during a PWC I noticed little crystal like eggs all over my driftwood throughout the aquarium. I was excited! Hopefully I'll be able to see some little guys in a few weeks. Then I looked a little closer and noticed a few little guys already out of the sub and onto some driftwood. Now I'll be able to populate my 55 and 14H for free. ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419199870.075933.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419199888.359810.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They'll breed like crazy with an abundance of food.. better than over populated pondies though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I figured. I haven't seen a pond snail in my 75 for a couple weeks now. I still have a few MTS for sure though. I was thinking of keeping some pond and MT snails in my 5G, just to supply food to the assassins....just in case. My 55 has only MTS for now, but who knows as I order plants for it. My daughter's 14H has quite a few pond snails from some Ludwigia I got four weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Congrats! So cool to see. I let the pond snails reproduce to keep my assassins with fresh food. I would love it if they would breed but couldn't sex them to save my life and I only have two haha.

Back
Top Bottom