I'm confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am so confused how this guppy could possibly be pregnant but I am 99% sure that little pudge is hahaha, she has been the love fish in my turtle tank for almost 3 years. But the main reason I made this thread was to verify that she is in fact pregnant. Sorry she's in 2 different tanks in the pictures

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1410743555310.jpg
    1410743555310.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 1410743571763.jpg
    1410743571763.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 1410743592410.jpg
    1410743592410.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 112
Pregnant and about to pop.... they can store a male guppy's sperm for a very long time. If she has ever been in a tank with a male (even right after she was born) it is very possible that that is the explanation.

Great thanks for the help, I've had this girl for 3 years she must have just been stressed to the max with the turtles, i can't wait to see what the fry look like, probably won't be anything ingesting but I'm still excited

Well females are always sort of bland but for all we know the father could have been a Royal Tiger Endler, or a Japanese Grass Guppy. Either way it will be exciting to find out :)

Also consider putting her in a tank with slightly brackish water. They do much better in birth in brackish water. (Use either marine salt which is the best, or aquarium salt. Either way just do not use table salt.)

im so impacient i just want her to give birth already, its killing me lol... but i also dont want her to eat the children hahaha

Oh man I can't wait any longer, this is killing me. I hope she's not stressed. Here's another picture of her from literally right now

Attachments

• 1410882476364.jpg
    1410882476364.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 98
im going home from college this weekend, and she still hasnt given birth... she just keeps getting bigger, if she happens to give birth late friday, saturday, or sunday will the babies be okay without me. its a very heavily planted tank

Lol yeah they seem to always get bigger but not give birth, and I wanted to know about the plants because they look so pristine and perfect that I thought they were fake. Nice job maintaining those plants!

she hasnt really seemed to change at all and she doesnt really seem to be showing any signs of labor... its been about 21 days since i first noticed but im pretty sure she was pregnant way before that

Attachments

• 20140923_095701.jpg
    20140923_095701.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 65
Yeah how are your plants so well kept?
I have hornworts and anacharis that are starting to die and their leaves are starting to come off and turn pale

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I cut off all the dead leaves and I fertilize with api leafzone. I also took the LEDs out of the little lamp that came with the tank and i put in really strong LEDs from radioshack, but thats basically all i do

Oh ok thanks for that maybe i need to get some fertiliser I guess
How big is your tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a 5 gallon, do you have any idea when she should give birth? Hahaha

Haha she will give birth soom, dont worry i was exactly like you until i had fry drop yesterday from my molly!

Try feed the fish 2 times a day i think that may have played a part on her dropping her fry :S just an option :)
By feeding them 2 times a day they thing that there is going to be enough food for the fry to survive when she has dropped them

goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom