Is it easy to breed phantom tetras ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jovey_Jove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a female phantom she quite fatter the. The others I believe she has eggs is it easy to breed ? Simple ? How can I do it ? Would it work in a 20 litre, they are in a 100 litre rite now???

You can do it but need a breeding tank with no other fish. I'd move the female (s) into the breeding set up and condition for 10 days with live baby brine shrimp and other food. The rest is straight forward and you can read it on the net. The next hard parts are pulling the adults befor ethe eggs are eaten and feeding micro fry.

If you decise to do it P.M. and I'll give you detail. Happy Holidays

Mmmh how big does the breeding tank need to be ? And will it work even if there is one or more females ? And one male, what does ps mean, I'm getting a 200 litre after Christmas I was thinking to do it all tetra :) thnx have a good holiday and a wonderful Christmas,

For starters your water parameters would need to be perfect with soft acidic to neutral ph. It could also depend if and for how long theyve been kept in hard alkaline water.

Fish my try and spawn in hard alkaline water but the eggs dont develop properly if at all and or can be greatly deformed. Ive heard stories of fry being one sex or 3 out of 50 eggs develop.

Last edited:
What would be the best way to get soft water you think ?

Back
Top Bottom